Labels

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shoreline 5K Recap

I ran inaugural Shoreline 5K part of the Shoreline MultiSport Festival.
The Sprint Tri is one of the oldest in the nation. (Looking forward to competing in the tri one day)

Another 5K! Before this summer I've run 2 races in 10 years! This summer alone I've run 4 and 5th will be in Sept!!!

It was a warm one! 80 degrees at 8am! Breeze off the Lake was great, but it was a lot of sun. It was also different because it was small only 111 runners. Nice change of pace from the crowded races.

Official time: 35:46 11:32 pace
67 place, 6 in my sex/age group out of seven :(

From my Nike+ Watch

MILE

TIME

AVG.PACE

1

9:16

9'16"/mi

2

21:08

11'52"/mi

3

34:23

13'15"/mi


Of course I went out to fast and heat slowed me down in miles 2-3. I did have fun doing it and PR'ed mile 1!