Labels

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nike + GPS SportsWatch


I have been running with my new Nike+ SportWatch GPS powered by Tom Tom for about a month now. All in all glad I got it!

Now this is my first GPS watch. I had a short time with the NIKE+ Sportsband before make the big switch. The sportsband for me I just couldn't get to give me an accurate in run pace even after a few bouts of calibration. I will say it did hold its value when I re-sold on ebay.

For starters it was very easy to setup and link to my existing Nike+ account that I've add since 2006. The account has been me used Ipod nano to Iphone to Iphone GPS app to sportsband to Nike + GPS. Which is my biggest reason for sticking with Nike over Garmin.

Here are a few of my Pros & Cons:
Pros:
  • Fits well and not to bulky
  • Nike + web interface and account
  • Cool color
  • unique haven't seen any runners wearing yet
  • battery life is good (if you remeber to charge it)
Cons:
  • Syncing:
  • Can't get a consistant sync connection. Sometimes it works sometimes it complains and just shuts down
  • During sync it always is update GPS which takes a bit
  • I have a workout it won't sync but is still on watch
  • If my wrist were bigger i'd have issues as i am on second to last wrung
  • No ability to add bike module. Which works for me but not for those triathletes
  • when doing labs you really have to whack its face pretty good to manual mark lap
  • Takes a good 2 mins before GPS is synced. Its fine for me as long as i walk abit and have it ready and paused before a race.
  • GPS mapping is a bit off, though its getting better.