12 weeks ago didn't think I could walk 3.1 miles let alone run at a decent race pace.
Of course like all runners i went out too fast! You almost have to get around walkers and other runners. But more important I ran the whole way (except my shoe malfunction, re-tie my shoe when my key almost fell off on main :))
Heres my unofficial from my not so well calibrated Nike + sport band:
1 9:58 9'58"/mi
2 20:29 10'31"/mi
3 31:35 11'06"/mi
Official Time: 33:40/10:52 pace; 424 overall place/186 m/f place; 33 0f 46 for my division..
I also surprised myself I did and all out sprint at 3 mi marker to the finish. Something I hadn't practice. Felt like I needed to leave it all on the course!! Will be practicing in future.
All in all it was GREAT! These are the fastest times I've run all year! So I now know I can do it, I'm a runner!
As my shirt said today. "Running Changes Everything"